Thursday, May 14, 2009

Collywobbles

I'm gradually beginning to settle back into teaching. It's funny that even after all these years, I still get really nervous at the idea of starting to lecture again. Once I'm back into the swing of it, it doesn't bother me but that first couple of lectures back - especially if they are old people (usually twice my age)- really give me the collywobbles.

I feel like I'm actually lecturing really badly, for some reason. Just waffling on and getting my words all mixed up, and generally not making much sense. I'm hoping I'll get better when we get onto the harder stuff, when I'm concentrating so much on what I'm trying to say that I stop worrying about getting the words out. But when I'm trying to explain introductory material that I know like the back of my hand to people for whom it is all new, that's when my brain has time to think up daft digressions and pathetic attempts at humour. Blegh! Scary stuff!

--ASF

No comments:

Post a Comment