Thursday, May 14, 2009

Life As a Cabernet

OK, I’ve finally succumbed. Pillows and blankies provided for anyone who happens to stumble in here, and falls asleep before they can escape...

I am feeling very grateful today. One of the many things I am feeling grateful for is I am loved by little old ladies at work (and I use that term affectionately because I will be one someday, in the not-too-distant future). One of the things I feel I need to get over is that need for approval, but boy it feels so good when you get it! It's always good to get a boost to one's self confidence - even if it then causes extra stress.

And yeah I have 3 new students this week too! There are no guarantees in my job at the moment. I don't like the kind of people I work with honestly (Why do people love to gossip so much?) I couldn't tell you exactly what made me like teaching, though I assure you it wasn't for financial reasons. I wouldn't have been getting any more money.

(I once saw a sticker that proclaimed LIFE IS A CABERNET. Though I am aware that this is some type of wine, I've never had a cabernet, so I really couldn't tell you if it's true. If it is, then cabernet must be very bittersweet indeed. That's the way life has been these past two years, and especially in the past month or so)

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment